Syracuse VA Medical Center
Binghamton Community Based Outpatient Clinic
- Primary Care Services for Veterans in the Greater Binghamton Area in the southern tier of New York State.
- Behavioral Health Care: A behavioral health care team consisting of Social Workers, and Psychiatrists providing individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and medication therapy, for Veterans experiencing personal and emotional problems, including drug and alcohol problems.
- Smoking Cessation: The clinic offers the QuitSmart smoking cessation program an innovative service that combines the best of behavioral and medication treatments in a group format.
- MOVE! Weight Management Program that helps Veterans lose weight, keep it off and improve their health.
- Specialty Services beyond primary care including Optometry, Podiatry and Gastro-intestinal clinics, are currently offered at the Binghamton Clinic. Additional specialty services are available at the VA Health Care Upstate New York in Syracuse. If you require more specialized tests, your health care provider will arrange for these services at the Syracuse facility. Some transportation services are available through a cooperative effort of the DAV and the VA Syracuse shuttle service.
- Primary Care: Board Certified Physicians and Nurse Practitioners
- Home Base Primary Care, (HBPC): Veterans may qualify for home services such as medication management, dressing changes, diabetic/cardiac education, blood draws and some injectable medications. Staff consists of RN’s an LPN, Nurse Practitioner and a Social Worker that work collaboratively with Primary Care Providers. Psychological services and an optician (available one day a week) are also available.
- Laboratory: Blood drawing available at the clinic.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail, and limited supply of certain medications such as antibiotics are available at the clinic.
- Radiology: Chest, abdominal and extremity x-rays available near-by, offsite, with Primary Care Provider referral.
- Telehealth Clinics include cardiology, audiology, gasterol intenstinal, nutrition, chronic health failure and more.
- Parking: Free Parking available, with Handicapped spaces, located near the entrance of the VA Clinic, with additional parking in Lots A, B and C.
We also offer a number of Home TeleHealth services please ask your primary care provider for more information:
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
Mental Health (Psychiatry, Substance Abuse, Therapy and PTSD)