If you have symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath, call us at 1-800-877-6976 before visiting us. More Details
COVID-19 vaccines: All Veterans, spouses and caregivers can get a COVID-19 vaccine at VA by appointment or walk-in clinic. Visit our vaccine information page.
Prepare for a visit: Everyone entering our facilities is screened, and visitors are limited. Face coverings are mandatory. For some needs, you may be able to get care at home by phone or video.
For the latest coronavirus information: Visit the CDC website.
COVID -19 Update:
SAVES LIVES Act expands VA’s legal authority to provide COVID-19 vaccines to all Veterans, regardless of their VA health care enrollment status, as well as Veteran spouses, caregivers and some beneficiaries.
To maximize scheduling COVID-19 vaccinations, Syracuse VA has established a NEW COVID-19 vaccination appointment scheduling call center. All Veterans, can call (315) 425-4488, seven days a week between 8 am and 4 pm daily to schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment.
COVID-19 Visitation Policy Update (effective March 15, 2021)
- Inpatient hours of visitation will be between 12 Noon and 6 PM daily, Sunday thru Saturday.
- Veterans on the inpatient units are allowed one (1) visitor at time for a period of no longer than 2 hours. Visitors must remain in the Veteran’s room throughout the visit.
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed in the Medical Center either as an in-patient visitor or to accompany a Veteran for an outpatient appointment.
- Visitors will be screened for symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath, or fever) or potential exposure to someone with COVID-19 or travel to a high-risk area.
- Visitation to Veterans in the Community living Center and the Spinal Cord injury units are by appointment only and can be arranged through the Social Workers on these units. For the CLC call 315-425-4669, for the SCI call 315-425-3696.
MISSION Act - COMMUNITY CARE INFORMATION
VA Community Care Network changes to Optum for urgent care and pharmacy benefits. Beginning 3/18/2020 Veterans can find in-network Urgent Care locations or pharmacies using the VA Facility Locator at https://www.va.gov/find-locations/